Sell Your Home With This Interior Checklist
The house’s interior must be aesthetically appealing and practical at the same time.
However, what is aesthetically appealing, such as beautiful blinds or great looking modern boiler stoves, depends greatly on whom you ask because everyone has different needs, styles, and lifestyles.
General Interior Checklist
A prospective Buyer will usually enter through the front door.
The front entryway of your home is where you should begin your interior inspection.
- Clean up your front entry, make the homes first impression a good one by making the space feel inviting.
- Check stairs for loose boards, ripped carpeting, and missing or loose handrails and guards. Fix any paint flaws.
- Check your walls, most problems with interior walls are cosmetic. You can buy “erasers” in the cleaning section of most supermarkets to get rid of wall scuffs and floorboard marks.
Interior design plays the key role in the functionality of a home.
Even the largest house can lack usable space if the interior is designed poorly, while a tiny apartment can be transformed into a cozy residence with enough space for just about everything.
- Ensure doors open and shut properly. Minor sticking is normal but excessive binding indicates possible structural problems.
- Open and close all windows to ensure they work properly. Fogging between the panes of a sealed window indicates the seal is broken and the unit needs to be replaced.
Yes, interior design is much more important than it may seem at a first glance.
It can be easily compared with the importance of architecture, at least when it comes to interior.
- Keep furniture to a minimum so rooms appear larger. Ensure that traffic can flow in or through rooms unimpeded. If rooms contain bookshelves or cabinets overflowing with books, magazines, or knick-knacks, remove some of these items.
- Ensure closets look spacious, organized, and uncluttered. Create space by getting rid of old clothes and junk.
- Remove or lock away valuables such as jewelry, coins, currency, and cameras.
Getting your home ready to sell is easy using this step by step checklist. It will make your selling process go a lot faster as your home will be more marketable!
If you don’t want to do it on your own, Big Block Realty is here for you!
Big Block Realty is here to help you sell your home & find your dream home!
Want to search current homes and condos for sale?
Browse Current Inventory of: Condos & Homes For Sale
Have questions about local real estate?
Available for assistance daily. Contact Sandro 858 255 0135. Ok to text.
To your success,
Sandro, Oliver, Sam
Your friends and local Real Estate Pros
Have A Questions?
Click Here To —>Contact Us Direct <—
or Call 800-550-3209
Search Property Values Anytime –> San Diego Condos & Homes For Sale
Big Block Realty – CA BRE #01885775