Your home is an extension of your personality.
The decor style, color of the walls, furniture selections, and every detail of it reflects you. Whether you are planning to have a starter home, a place to accommodate your family, or a dwelling for your retirement, this blog will ensure you find the perfect place!
Taking the right steps to find the PERFECT place for YOU
What you NEED vs. What you WANT
What are your deal breakers?
Like a relationship, the first and most important step is making a list of your non-negotiable items, or deal breakers.
The items on this list include things you cannot live without. For example, if you love to entertain, you would want a large kitchen or family room. This step will set the stage for the steps to follow.
After this list is complete, make a list of all things you would hope to have in a dream home but could live without. For example, a swimming pool that would be nice to have, but may not be a deal breaker.
What kind of NEIGHBORHOOD do you prefer?
Select the neighborhood that best suits your family. Add it to your WANTS list.
- Urban Core: Downtown, the heart of major metros
- Urban Pioneer (Up-and-Coming): Near downtown and inner-ring suburbs
- New Urban: Near business hub other than the city’s main downtown
- Cul-de-sacs & Kids: Suburbs and new subdivisions
- Pedestrian: Small pockets in major metros
- Historic: These homes can be found anywhere
- Status/Destination: In the hills or mountains, by water, behind gates
- Active/Resort: Sunbelt and coastal cities, in the desert, by water or in the mountains
- Golf: New subdivision surrounding a golf course
- Retirement: Sunbelt and coastal cities
- Rural: Miles from the city
- Farm: Large amounts of land with minimal surrounding houses
Now that we have the perfect location picked out…
Who says SIZE doesn’t matter?
When it comes to picking your future home, size most definitely does matter. Whether you want 7 bedrooms & 6 full baths or 2 bedrooms & 1 full bath finding the perfect size for your family is key.
- Large, Medium, or Small House
Make a list of how many bedrooms you want in your future home and what they would be used for, add this to your WANTS list.
What does the INSIDE of your future home look like?
When picturing the interior of your home, what does it look like?
- Cape Cod
What is in your KITCHEN?
For some, the kitchen is the heart of the house and can make or break it. What do you want in your kitchen? Does kitchen size matter to you?
Do you want a(n):
- Breakfast bar
- Large sink
- Marble or Granite counters
- Back splash
- Lots of counter space
- Lots of cabinet space
- Large pantry
What does your future FLOOR PLAN look like?
Does having an open floor plan matter to you? Or do you prefer a more closed off and comfy floor plan.
Envision what your MASTER BED & BATH look like
What makes up the perfect master bedroom?
- Large, Medium, or Small master bedroom
- Fire place
- Large windows
- Carpet, tile, or wood
What makes up the perfect master bathroom?
- Bath and or shower
- One sink or two sinks
- Granite, Marble, or Concrete counters
- Walk in closet, one closet or two
Do you need room for OFFICE space?
If you work from home, you’re going to want in home office space. Are you going to need a separate room for your office or can you find space somewhere else for your office?
What do you picture your future BACKYARD looking like?
For most people a backyard can make or break a house. What do you want your future backyard to have? Add it to your WANTS list.
Have Big Block Realty help you find your dream home!
Want to search current homes and condos for sale?
Browse Current Inventory of: Condos & Homes For Sale
Have questions about local real estate?
Available for assistance daily. Contact Sandro 858 255 0135. Ok to text.
To your success,
Sandro, Oliver, Sam
Your friends and local Real Estate Pros
Have A Questions?
Click Here To —>Contact Us Direct <—
or Call 800-550-3209
Search Property Values Anytime –> San Diego Condos & Homes For Sale
Big Block Realty – CA BRE #01885775
“Helping You WIN In This Market”